Wednesday 23 November 2016

Term 3 Goal Review

Term 3 2016 Goals,  Review and Next Steps
Name:Kayla
New Goals for Term 3                                                                         
Term 3 Reading Goal and Success Criteria
Review
Eg What strategies have you used to improve? Have you made progress? How do you know?
Next Step
Eg My next step is……...
WALT know what different words mean
Success Criteria:
When I am reading and I come across a word I do not know I will:
  1. Use what is written around the word to help find out its meaning.
  2. Look for smaller words within the word, that I know the meaning of.
  3. Look at prefixes and suffixes and use my knowledge of them to help work out the meaning.
  4. Look up the word in a dictionary.
I have improved hugely by using strategies like, having a growth mindset to achieve my goal my goal as well as finding if there are any small hidden words within the word I’m stuck on.
To try and find out what words mean if I don’t understand when I am reading one of my own books.



Term 3 Writing Goal and Success Criteria
Review
Eg What strategies have you used to improve? Have you made progress? How do you know?
Next Step
Eg My next step is……...
WALT use interesting words and phrases (vocabulary) in our writing.
Success Criteria:
We have used some of these tools to improve our use of vocabulary:
  • thesaurus, dictionary
  • Banish Boring Words
  • Visuwords www
  • word cards from the writing tool box
  • used ideas borrowed from other writing
  • used figurative writing eg similes, metaphors etc
I have been improving on this by including even more descriptive words in my writing where I can and I have also been researching words that I could use.
To add descriptive words to describe characters and other things.



Term 3 Maths Goal
Review
Eg What strategies have you used to improve? Have you made progress? How do you know?
Next Step
Eg My next step is……...
WALT find perimeters, areas and volumes of simple shapes
Success Criteria
We have:
  • Calculated perimeter by adding up the measurements of each side of the shape. We have put the correct unit of measurement after the total.
  • Calculated area by multiplying the length by the width of the  shape and recorded the answer as a squared measurement.
  • Calculated volume by multiplying the length by the width by the height of the shape and recorded the answer as a cubic measurement.
I have improved hugely in this because whenever we had lessons I paid a lot of attention and ask for help when I needed it.
To try and find perimeters, areas and volumes of harder shapes.
WALT i can recall the square numbers to 100 and their corresponding roots.
We have not really learnt this but I have been asking my friends if they know and trying to improve them for basic facts.
To try and know how to recall the square numbers to 100 of and their corresponding roots of by heart.


From Term 1 and 2 (to be reviewed again at the end of Term 3)
Parent Goal(s)
Review
Eg What strategies have you used to improve? Have you made progress? How do you know?
Next Step
Eg My next step is……...
To be more spontaneous with basic facts- to be prepared for intermediate.

I have almost mastered this goal but still working on some of the harder thing like 7 and 8 times tables, I have been practicing a lot during maths and other times.
Try being spontaneous with division.



Student Goal(s)
Review
Eg What strategies have you used to improve? Have you made progress? How do you know?
Next Step
Eg My next step is……...
To get my gold, To be a neater writer-Slope.

I have been very disappointed with with the care tick system so I would rather not share about that, and with the writing we have only really been doing it on a device.
To write more often at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment