Wednesday 18 May 2016

Cross Country Poem

                          Cross Country Poem
    Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Cross Country event was usual enough; it had the people from Oaklands, the flapping flags, the tall trees, the thousands of cones, and even the leaves that rustled in the wind.

                   
                                          My classmates and I did what kids do- 
                                            mucked around in the runners den, 
                                                  made each other feel calm, 
                                                    cheered for the runners, 
                                      gave my friends high five’s as they ran by,
                                                       devoured our food, 
                                                   caring for my exhausted, 
                                                    doing my loudest cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment